Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

How do I turn off the air bag warning light on my 1990 Mazda

Customer Question
Miata?...
How do I turn off the air bag warning light on my 1990 Mazda Miata?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/13/2017
Mazda Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

The way to turn off the light is to repair the faults in the system.

Have you pulled the codes from the computer to see why it is turning on the light? The flashing of the light when you first turn on the key is the code. Let me know what it is flashing by counting it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The warning light flashes 3 times when I start the car.

Three flashes says no power to the computer or a poor connection to the computer.

If you have a voltmeter check that the airbag fuse, in both underhood and dash fuse block are good then you need to measure at the computer on the black/yellow and the green/yellow wires to see if they have 12 volts with the key on.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

You still with me??

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician