Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

It dosn't want to start. Just got starter replaced. 2004.

Customer Question
It dosn't want to...

It dosn't want to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes Just got starter replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replacing the old air filter and throttle body hose also water pump but that is really it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have a strong feeling it might be the car not getting a spark I think I am going to change the spark plugs next

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mazda
10/3/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So the engine rotation fine, its just not starting right?

Also Note: It does Start. Just acts like it doesn't
want to.

oh ok are you getting any warning lights or check engine lights? also have you had the battery tested for any issues?

Check engine, don't know the codes. Battery is constantly producing corrosion have not gotten it tested, no

ok so if you can get that thing up to the auto parts store they can do a scan for the codes and also the battery needs to be tested they can do all that there for free, the battery needs to be checked though and terminals cleaned that could be causing all this trouble, make sure they read the codes first before removing the battery terminals

hows it coming?