Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I got a 99 mazda b2500,I replaced the bearings in my rear…

Customer Question
I got a 99...

I got a 99 mazda b2500,I replaced the bearings in my rear differential and now it still won't go in reverse all the way the back right side won't move but the left side will. I've replaced the U joint as well and everything Else looked fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mazda b2500 and rear differential and U joint

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Emergency break light stays on when i release the e brake as well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Its fine

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mazda
10/1/2017
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you have one rear wheel that will not turn it's either due to a brake issue or a failure within the differential.

What was the reason for replacing the bearings?

With the vehicle in the air are you able to turn both rear wheels by hand in both directions?

The left side wouldn't go back in reverse to start, i replaced the u joint first i saw that was bad then too everything out lf the differential replaced the bearings because everything else looked good and this is what is happening now I'm puzzled

it spins free
Was there actually a mechanical failure in the differential?What bearings specifically were replaced ?