Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My madza cx 7 Gt has high oil consumption. August 28 .after…

Customer Question
My madza cx 7...

My madza cx 7 Gt has high oil consumption

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

August 28 .after 2000 kms the level of oil is low and the car is smoking a bit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mazda
9/30/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, based upon the symptoms including usage and the smoking, the valve seals and guides are worn and need to be replaced. This is confirmed thru a dry and wet compression test on the cylinders. Compression test is done and on cylinders with low compression, a tablespoon of oil is added thru the spark plug hole and compression retested. If compression comes up then it is the piston rings and if it stays low, it is the valve seals and guides as I suspect.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.