Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 miata, it seems like it's losing spark after…

Customer Question
I have a 2001 miata...
I have a 2001 miata, it seems like it's losing spark after the motor gets hot, after about 45 minutes, It's loses spark for a moment, and I can turn it off while rolling and restart it and it will restart and run but only for about a minute and it loses spark again, I have replaced both coils, the spark plug wires, the camshaft position sensor the crankshaft position sensor, the engine temperature sensor, the main engine relay, the big green relay under the hood, I don't know what to do to fix this problem
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
9/28/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so have you actually measured spark when it is in the failure condition?

I have not, It just seems to me to be losing spark

I would verify that in the failure condition and also check your plugs to make sure there are no track lines, you may have a cracked plug, this is the tool I like to use and you can check at different lengths, you want to see atleast 1 inch good color spark on that, it seems to me though it could be a fuel issue but we need to check each system one by one until we find the problem

https://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.com/Ignition-Spark-Tester-with-Adjustable-Gap-P41027.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrPyRjP_I1gIVjB-GCh2-2glFEAQYASABEgKckvD_BwE

The car runs fine when I start it up in the morning and in the afternoon when I get off, I pretty sure it's not a cracked plug, Just refund my money using your service was a bad idea, I'm pretty good working on my cars. Thanks

contact customer service and they will do that

Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.