Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

P2402 and p2404 changed the evap pump and the fuel cap but…

Customer Question
P2402 and p2404 changed...

P2402 and p2404 changed the evap pump and the fuel cap but still the code comes

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Fuel MPV is the same since i got it. the starting sucks but... sounds like i need a new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MPV?

Sorry ment MPG 2004 Miata

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have changed the miata's fuel pressure pump and the fule cap

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well that is quite a large open question? but no

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/28/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and will be right back after I review your info.

Both these codes do refer to a large vacuum leak in the evap system , so with what you have done so far the next step is to run a diagnostic scan on the system and or do a smoke test to look for that leak. In some cases if no leak is detected with the smoke test it will be an internal leak in the itself. You can also check the filler neck and adjoining tubes to the fuel tank for any leaks or loose clamps.

If there is anything else I can do for you let me know and please rate my service positively, thank you.

Thank you
I now know the direction to next pursue

so bad typing, as I was about to say usually it is the charcol canister thatmay have an internal leak if the smoke test shows negative, but if the scanner is used it will locate it as it does an active test on the system.

Thank you.
Your advise has given me some direction to look in solving my trouble light

Please take hthe time to rate my service, thank you.