Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My 2005 mazda rx8 security light keeps flashing and my car…

Customer Question
Hi my 2005 mazda...

Hi my 2005 mazda rx8 security light keeps flashing and my car wont turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

It flashes off and on real fast

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RX-8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i havnt tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Put. Obd2 reader to it wasnt able to connect to it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
9/27/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Do you have another vehicle to confirm your scan tool works on or know someone with another scan tool?

Do you get the same results from both keys?

Any clue what triggered this?

Yes it works on other vehichles yes i tried both keys i hit someone not going fast and it just shutoff and doidnt start after that no damage to the car

Thanks, ***** ***** not believe you are going to be able to address this at home. It takes a dealer level equivalent diagnostic tool to program keys to a vehicle. Lets first off verify the battery voltage is good at 12.6 volts. If that is fine then remove both battery cables, hold them together for one minute, reconnect. Lock unlock the door with the key then with the remote. Now try to start. If you get the same results then we need to work on the data link connector to try and fix the communication issue to see if your tool can even get us some codes. Let me know the results on the reset attempt.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Ya im not sattified yet

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician