Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My 2009 Mazda CX-7 is making a grinding wining sound when I…

Customer Question
My 2009 Mazda CX-7 is...
My 2009 Mazda CX-7 is making a grinding wining sound when I turn right.... Machanic say they can't see anything.... Had lower control replaced & ball joints.... Not that... What else could it be?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

the best way is to replicate it by putting the car up on jack stands and put the vehicle in drive while turning while someone inspects underneath with a stethoscope to pinpoint the noise

Did that. Mechanic can't find it. He doesn't know where the sound is coming from.
It's gotten progressively worse last 4-5 weeks and idk what to do next. It is worse in the morning when I'm backing out and turn the steering wheel to the right.

is it only in the morning? and then it goes away ?

It use to be only in the morning and occasionally when turning right. Now it is all day with all turns

is there any way you can send a video of the noise?

I'll try to see if I can later today.
I can't upload the recorded sound from drop box.It's a clear GRINDING when turning.

can you upload it on youtube ?