Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

It is jumping when I put it into drive or reverse. 2010

Customer Question
It is jumping when...

It is jumping when I put it into drive or reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2010 mazda 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mazda 3. No mechanics have charged me 3000. and still AT light and check engine are on. It has been there 4 times

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Now it stays on before was blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was wondering about the 2010 recall 5409d it sounds exactly like my problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mazda
9/25/2017
Mazda Mechanic: FIX IT MAN, Master Technician replied 11 months ago
FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** they given you any of the codes that come up in the computer when they have repaired it? What all has been done?

Trans sensor wires mebtioned might be the harness

That is definitely a common issue. If the wiring is shorting it will make the computer think that the transmission is hotter than it is which causes this exact issue. Using a computer scan tool that communicates with this car I usually monitor the sensor readings to see if the wiring is faulty.

They said they have checked every wire. Its been in 4 times and 3000.00

Does the transmission shift fine once it is in gear? Do you continue to get the transmission warning light?

but rpms are running high

Was the transmission itself replaced or rebuilt?

No

Thank you. From what I have seen with this transmission if you are experiencing high rpm with that initial hard shift then you have a serious internal transmission failure. The issues with the harness and sensor readings will usually affect the harshness of the shift but not cause slippage and high rpms. Typically the transmission needs to be disassembled and the issue is usually in the clutch pack shell breaking. Once this occurs the transmission cooler will also typically become clogged with debris and cause this all to become amplified.

Seriously crap

These shops should not have charged you that much to go through all of this other stuff without checking this first.

Ran diagnostics 3x
Mazda Mechanic: FIX IT MAN, Master Technician replied 10 months ago
It doesn't sound like they know exactly what they are doing. Was this the dealer?
No