Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I have a 2010 Mazda 3S, and recently the CEL, AT Light, and

HI,I have a 2010 Mazda...
HI,I have a 2010 Mazda 3S, and recently the CEL, AT Light, and Trac Light all came on. The car jerked when I put it in reverse and was very sluggish in Drive (almost felt like if you ever started to drive a car in a higher gear).Anyways, towed it to the dealership and they said that the TCM (Transmission Control Module) was bad. The caveat was that they cannot just replace the TCM, since for the 2010 model year the TCM was installed inside the Transmission body, and it was a sealed transmission. So they would have to replace the entire transmission or they could let me get a new one and accept a trade for that one.This seems strange to me and am wondering if I'm getting ripped off by the dealership. I'm trying to find out if the TCM is truly inside the Transmission body and whether I would need to get the entire transmission changed out.Thanks,
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

do you know the codes?

no I don't...but in all the research I've done it is most likely U0101 - Lost communication with TCM. This was also confirmed by what the dealership told me.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Hi John, thanks very much for the response. The schematic you provided helped me "convince" the dealership that the TCM was external and helped me save a lot of money.

awesome

john aka eauto
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy