Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I changed the battery in my 2011 CX-7, and now all of the…

Customer Question
I changed the battery...

I changed the battery in my 2011 CX-7, and now all of the windows are not working. I tried the reset procedure, but it's not working. What else can I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

This is the first time with my CX-7.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The battery was replaced at Firestone. I only tried the reset procedure described here.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked the fuses in the engine compartment and interior, and they are okay.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mazda
9/22/2017
Mazda Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 11 months ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. let me get the procedure give me a minute

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

if you have key less enty, press the unlock button once, then press it twice while holding it....and all 4windows roll down

start passenger frt and pussh the switch down for 10 seconds and then up for ten seconds without letting off the button...do that on all 4 windows

I've tried what you told me, and nothing is happening. What else could be wrong? Everything else is working

Turn key on
2. Press and HOLD driver's front window switch until window is all the way down
3. Pull up and HOLD switch for THREE SECONDS after window is all the way up. You might hear a *beep* noise.
4. Repeat for passenger side window FROM PASSENGER SIDE SWITCH ON PASSENGER DOOR.