Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

1988 b2200. Dash, taillights and marker lights all out. What…

Customer Question
1988 b2200. Dash, taillights...

1988 b2200. Dash, taillights and marker lights all out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

What connection do you suggest

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B2200 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought this truck and have not tried anything. I have made a jumper to get the dash lights working hopefully. Will that get the tail lights and marker lights working as well? What is the fuse labeled as?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mazda
9/22/2017
Mazda Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, there's a red and black wire coming off the headlight switch that powers those lights. Check that you have 12 volts on that wire with the switch in the marker position as well as lights on. I'll post the wiring diagram below. A jumper will likely work or you can replace the switch.

Mazda Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.