Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

My daughter's key FOBs are both failing and we were told the

my daughter's key FOBs are...
my daughter's key FOBs are both failing and we were told the batteries were replaced.
JA: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?
Customer: where?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2013 Mazda 3
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, we took the mazda 3 to a mechanic for oil change, he said the batteries were dead, so replaced them, they worked fine for a little while, but one not very well.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not with the car, its my daughter's car, she has no patience
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please call Robyn
She's a single mom very far away from a Mazda dealer and can't run around to find help.
9/22/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Neither fob will do anything, even when inside the vehicle?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
At first the fobs would intermittently not work, then one mostly didn't work. Then had the batteries replaced. Last thing that happened was her car alarm went off because it didn't recognize the fob. Honestly I'm the go between and she lives 3 hours away. That why I was hoping someone would call her. She's getting frustrated with my internet searches.
Phone call session started

I see you got a call while I was away at soccer practice being I am a coach for 7 year olds. Do you still need help?

Yeah they're still not working

Do you have the skills or tools to do the tests below to check the keyless entry receiver and BCM?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nygc3jzimfqmuz/BCM.pdf?dl=0

Dont have that app
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.
Direct downloaded and it says it can't open.

You may have to use a computer instead of a phone, I have not ran into a customer that has not been able to open a file yet.

Seems whatever “help” she got amounted to her needing to download and google shit she can’t understand and/or all ready googled. Not helpful.

Does your daughter work on cars and now how to diagnose and repair them. Addressing this concern is going to take some diagnostic time. It is not an easy find and fix issue.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician