Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Second opinion] I have a 2002 Mazda Attenza, I had been

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi, I...

Second opinion] Hi, I have a 2002 Mazda Attenza, I had been experiencing some vibration on the whole body especially the dashboard and steering wheel. a few weeks ago it could not start and someone had to replace the fuel pump. right now the vibration is still there especially when the rev count is at the exact readings of 1000, 2000 etc.I also recently noticed that when idling the counter slightly moves up and down especially after moving for a reasonable distance. what could be the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: How often does the vibration occur, and when did you last have the tires balanced?

The vibration occurs all the time even when the car is not moving except its excessive when the rev count reaches the exact marks as I said. I did the balancing about two months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, my mechanic tried changing the mounting below the engine but the problem has been worsening.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's all

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 6 days by:
9/24/2017
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If it's an actual vibration you're feeling and it's dependent on engine RPM then the problem is most likely an engine accessory but it could be a flywheel/flexplate issue or the torque converter if it's an automatic transmission.

With the trans in park and revving to these speeds the vibration is present, correct?