Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

I am getting a strong smell of gas when I open the trunk.

Customer Question

JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Starts and runs fine. No wet spots on the ground.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 1990 Special Edition.
JA: Are you fixing your Special yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I do my own work but have no shop manual. I suspect a fuel filter or charcoal filter somewhere in the line.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

so with that year model I would recommend to get a smoke test on it to see if there are multiple leaks on the system

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That should not be your complete answer. Hopefully, you can do better. I can text on the number I supplied.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not going to pay you more money. What I get for my $5 is a note telling me to smoke test the car? Sheesh.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Rip-Off City. You had best not try to charge me any more money.