Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My a/c button light flickers when I have it at 2nd fan

Customer Question
My a/c button light...

My a/c button light flickers when I have it at 2nd fan speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The button you push in to turn on the ac the light flickers

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2003 mazda protege LX 2.0 l engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Protege yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing to fix it if it is simple I will fix it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mazda
the button you push turns on the A/C the light flickers the light goes on and off when it is off blow out warm air when the light is on blows out cold air
Answered in 1 day by:
9/17/2017
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause the a/c to not work and it would require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong, but it sounds as if you may have a bad control head.

The only time the light goes out and a/c stops working is if you have the blower motor set on the number 2 fan speed? If you have it on low or the higher speeds then the system works correctly?