Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I own Mazda 3 2015 model that has done 51000km The clutch…

Customer Question
I own Mazda 3...

I own Mazda 3 2015 model that has done 51000km The clutch has been replaced twice, first at 15000 and at 30 000. It was sent for servicing in June and i now have to pay R13 000 to replace brake pads. Car is on 3 year service plan

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?

Around 18 000km. Sticking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mazda dealer. It is a Mazda 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin how can we assist. Has clutch failed again ?

I suspect so and the brake pads need replacing after having sent the car for serving 3 months ago at 45 000km

The pads should really have at least been noticed and recommended for repair soon .and is the clutch slipping ? What type of journeys are you doing ? Are you towing

Is this R340 in addition to R400 plus

Sorry im not sure i understand your question

Is R340 in addition to the initial amount
Journeys are to and from work. Residing in Durban and have steep hills

R340 ? Im in uk what is this

Sorry man, I thought you were in South Africa.

No problem .the type of journeys your doing could cause premature clutch failure but i still think there must be an underlying issue causing this failure so soon

What do you suggest I do?

Try to push for warranty replacement on clutch .with regards ***** ***** pads you will have to pay for them as even if they noticed on service you would still have had to replace

I was told on the first clutch failure that the warranty does not cover clutch replacement

It must be dependent on the type of clutch failure .if clutch is burnt out this an only be caused by heavy clutch use or riding of the clutch

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic