Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I have been told that the compressing is gone in cylinder 4

Customer Question
hi. I have been told...
hi. I have been told that the compressing is gone in cylinder 4 of my 2007 mazda5. It will cost circa €1000 to repair but the car has 280000 km done and it is not worth repairing. thoughts?
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: gosh no, this is what the garage told me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i just happened by here.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mazda
9/13/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so how is the rest of the car? do you feel like you have maintained it well and it will last ?

no not really. it failed emissions test in its last NCT and it cost €600 for a temporary fix that the garage said will not get it through the next nct. I can already smell the burnt cabbage smell from the cat converter at times, and the oil light comes on quite frequently. i am prepared to upgrade, i was just curious if this would be expected or worth fixing

with that information in mind I would not repair it, if you do get something else what did you have in mind?

i was looking at a mazda 3 diesel, 2016 year for €22000

oh niiiiiice im a huge mazda fan, you should be very happy with that selection

Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician