Mazda

Connect one-on-one with a verified mazda mechanic who will answer your question

Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.

More related answers
All mazda mechanics are VERIFIED
I'm in the market for another suv and I'm hoping to get
Anthony P.
Anthony P., ASE Certified, Ford Master, Honda Master
Hi I'm in the market for another suv and I'm hoping to get feedback about possible good choices. I was hoping to buy used but I may consider new. I didn't want to spend more then $16k with a mileage o… read more
2004 Mazda 3 - the CEL went on, shop replaced the purge
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, self employed
2004 Mazda 3 - the CEL went on, shop replaced the purge valve. CEL went on again a week later, and the computer codes indicate either the purge valve or the gas cap. I was told to replace the gas cap … read more
2001 Millenia Check engine light comes on and engine run rough.
internal88
internal88, Product Manger
2001 Millenia Check engine light comes on and engine run rough. Sometimes light goes away when engine is cold but comes back after few miles… read more
I have a 2005 Mazda 6i a few months ago I had sel come on and
Greg
Greg, Shop owner, technician
I have a 2005 Mazda 6i a few months ago I had sel come on and it indicated o2 sensor and gas cap. At least that was what the guy that ran the codes told me. I replaced both and had codes reset. Light … read more
Mazda 6 I: Hi there,We are in Canada (BC) and considering
Eric, Retired
Hi there, We are in Canada (BC) and considering buying a used 2007 Mazda 6 (imported from US) with 37,600 miles on it. The vin is 1YVHP80C075M24633. Does this transmission problem only happen when the… read more
Mazda 3 SP23: Hi I am looking at buying a 2007 Mazda 3 SP23
Engineering Pro
Engineering Pro, Automotive Development Engineer
Hi I am looking at buying a 2007 Mazda 3 SP23 with about 85,000 km on it. However there is a rattle from engine starting at 2500 rpm, and engine check light is on. Seems to have oil in it, drives smoo… read more
Mazda 6 I: My 2003 Mazda 6i experienced an engine PCM failure.
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
My 2003 Mazda 6i experienced an engine PCM failure. I did not want to pay the $1000 asking price from Mazda for a replacement engine PCM on a car that was 8 years old with over 100K miles. So I chose … read more
Mazda 3: Question is about 2006 Mazda 3: I took Car to
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Question is about 2006 Mazda 3: I took Car to mechanic because the battery kept going dead. He told us it needed be hooked up to machine for computer analysis and we needed to take it to the dealershi… read more
Mazda Speed 3: I bought a 2012 Mazda Speed 3 yesterday. I drove
AMD
AMD, Master Automobile Technician
I bought a 2012 Mazda Speed 3 yesterday. I drove it approximately 25 miles last night. This morning, we drove 11 miles to a gas station, when we started the car again, the engine light came on. We dro… read more
2008 Mazda 6: 2.0l petrol..jump started..engine sounded fine
dl250567
dl250567, mazda mechanic
I went to test drive a 2008 Mazda 6 2.0l petrol today but it needed to be jump started after not moving for a week. While on the test drive I noticed that the rev counter was reading very high at time… read more
2006 Mazda: second hand..rx8..doing alot of motorway driving
mazdamaster577
mazdamaster577, Master Technician
I was thinking about getting a second hand 2006 Mazda RX8. I would be doing alot of motorway driving and I am prepared for the excess fuel prices. I have read alot of bad reports and alot of good repo… read more
mazda: rx8..problem as being the cat using a diagnostic divice
SuperBob
SuperBob, Ford dealer senior master technician
Hi My 2005 rx8 turns over but refuses to start. I have had a breakdown mechanic out to have a look and he identified the problem as being the cat using a diagnostic divice. He said it would need to go… read more
2005 mazda: that said the reliability of the motor is questionable
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, ASE Certified Technician
I am considering a purchase of a 2005 mazda rx8 and came across a review that said the reliability of the motor is questionable. Repairs run into the 7000.00 dollar mark. The car I am considering has … read more
2004 Mazda: inspected..my obd..control system..problem might
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, self employed
I just tried to get my 2004 Mazda 6i inspected and they told me my OBD is not ready to determine the status of the pollution control system. The operater said to drive the car around for a few days. A… read more
mazda: mx5..Im told is an intermittent electrical fault..diagnostics
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I have a mazda mx5 (year 2000). It has what I'm told is an intermittent electrical fault, so far not been able to be located to repair it. Is it true that:- (a) A diagnostics machine check on my car s… read more
2006 mazda 6: you watch the tach the rpm either jump or fall..shuts
Greg
Greg, Shop owner, technician
I have a 2006 Mazda 6i with 63000 miles on it. Recently my Mazda has started to jerk, as if the motor was shuting off, if you watch the tach the rpm either jump or fall. the vehicle never shuts off co… read more
mazda 6: check engine light..cam..map sensor..and the light stays on
Danny
Danny, Lead mech
I have an 04 Mazda 6i, The check engine light is on and is reading back the cam and map sensor. I have replaced these and the light stays on. I plugged it back up to a computer and it still reads back… read more
1993 Mazda MPV: gets hot..minivan..the headlights would turn on..cars
Mazda Bill
Mazda Bill, Owner
I have a 1993 Mazda MPV, 3.0 V6 minivan. Runs perfectly, there is NOTHING I could complain about. However, it seems to have a small problem with hot weather. Whenever it gets hot, over 90 degrees F, a… read more