peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Air condition system is working but from time to time

Customer Question

air condition system is working but from time to time automatically switch over blowing hot air is coming and then back to normal ac on and off periorically it ahs been doing and getting worse thanx
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: no thanx
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 16 mazda cx-5 suv
JA: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not tried at all
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: since we bought when starts car ac was turn on by-it shelve sometimes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the ac system being low on freon.If there is a low freon issue due to a leak in the ac system components this will cause the air to go from cold to warm and back to cold again in some cases.I would have the freon level checked for any issues needing repaired to resolve this here.

If the freon is found to be o.k. then you will need to have the fault codes checked/read out of all computers in your model with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set and then those codes diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.I have seen ac pressure sensor failures cause this issue here with a pressure sensor needing replaced.I have also seen issues with the temp control actuator cause this fault.Having the codes checked ( if the freon is found o.k. ) will help to locate the fault.

Since this is a 2016 model this may all be covered under warranty at a dealer to be diagnosed and repaired at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete