Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

03 Mazda protege5 code p2009 who to fix or who can fix it

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 month ago.

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. Verify the VTCS solenoid valve White/Red wire has battery voltage with the ignition on.

2. Check the resistance of the VTCS solenoid to determine if it is open or shorted. The shop manual indicates the resistance should be 22-26 ohms, known good readings are about 40 ohms. If the resistance is way out of range, the solenoid valve is bad.

3. If the solenoid has good power to it and the resistance is testing good, check the Pink wire for an open or shorted circuit between the VTCS solenoid valve and the Power train Control Module (PCM) terminal 73. If all test good and the code resets after a couple of key cycles, the PCM may be faulty.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What if my vtcs cable is blue with a pink link the green has the pink cable

Hi check the resistance on the solenoid first make sure that's ok i wil look up the wiring and let you know

copy this link on to your website and open it it shows the wiring to the solenoid and pcm computer if you still have problems let me know.

http://www.srsplatform.com/webservices/Srs.WebPlatform.WebServices.FileManager.svc/POX/Get?project=OemContent&sessionTokenId=49a9aeba-5795-41ce-a4c3-2cb4908682d9&file=OEDocs/10785/html/images/z3u0102w208.gif