Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

2010 mazda 3 2.0. ABS, PS, low press, and brake light on

2010 mazda 3 2.0. ABS, PS, low press, and brake light on while running. Engine code is speedometer not working. All this happened same time, What microcomputer ties these together. Rest of engine functions are fine (no PS). Manual trans.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Fluids all fine
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: pulled 5 speed sensors, cleaned and ohmed, all seem good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I mean 4

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

whats the actually code number

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think the engine code was p0500 for the speedometer not working. That happened a whole after the other codes. My analyzer i909 does not give codes ? For instrument cluster lights.

So the ECM ties all of that together, but I think you may have a VSS vehicle speed sensor issue, have you checked all the possible causes for that code yet? I see you did the ABS sensors clean

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I only checked the sensors not the wiring. Will that cause ps failure and brake light illumination.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh. And the ac stopped working. Have not checked the coil

the vss shouldn't cause the ps and brake light, but I have seen crazier things, have you tried deleting the codes to see what comes back?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cleared all codes I could. Ps and low pressure lights go off but come right back on. Abs light stays on. Reset ECM half dozen times. Does not do anything.

so without scanner access I dont know what we can do from here except troubleshoot the 500 code, which I think you have a bigger issue, like the ecm

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I hit call me by mistake. Dont
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can the ECM be sent out for diagnosis and reflashed if need be

The best way for the diagnosis is just to take it to the dealer and they can troubleshoot it that way, and as far as I know you can not send that out.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Very responsive. Unfortunately not able to do much more on line without scanning analysis and hands on access. The cause of this problem was rat chewed wires. Not even a scanner analysis but follow the wire harness exercise. Fixed by local auto electric shop. Support you local independent auto shops.