Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

B2600i 2.6L 1989 4x4, with vacuum advance distributor .5k

Customer Question

B2600i 2.6L 1989 4x4, with vacuum advance distributor 69.5k mikes - History: ignition coil we out. When it did, it took out the igniter inside distributor; replace coil new, distributor rebuilt (cheaper than buy just the igniter, Spark olugs now have fire will run with starter fluid. Issue is error code 01. With oscilloscope have good clean pulse on ECU 2G (pk-wire) but nothing on ecu-2E pk/B-wire. Shouldn't i have a pulse from the Hall sensor on both wires?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: It is the eq. sensor on distributor of a chrankshaft position sensor.
JA: Are you fixing your B2600i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Did you see above information.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

You should have a pulse signal on that wire, which leads me to believe it may have shorted the ecu on that circuit, but I need the last 8 of the vin to pull all the schematics to verify

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, will double check, and come back to you. Is there any diagram showing what i should see? That would insure i have correct OSC settings to see signal.
pulse on ECU 2G (pk-wire)
cu-2E pk/B-wire
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

Once I get the last 8 of the vin, I should be able to pull up the ecu connector pinout that will have the voltage readings they should have

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, good clean pulse on ECU 2G (pk-wire)
on ecu-2E pk/B-wire - This wire with key on, is about 12Volts, WHEN CRANKING ENGINE, it goes in the negative direction fast, then looks like a charging capacitor back to about 12v. vin: JM2UF4144K0807001.
I noticed to automated service for first question, after asking if i wanted anything else; i asked for a drawing of what pulses should look like, please provide that so i can know they are correct of not correct. many thanks. Hurley PS: after that we may need to talk, short on money so don't want to waste any.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I will have to opt out as my wiring diagrams dont even have wire colors and no connector pinouts. If another expert can help, they will post here to you.