Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a P0037 code. 2008 Mazda3. Reseting Yes, i'd like to…

Customer Question
I have a P0037...

I have a P0037 code

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2008 Mazda3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Reseting Yes, i'd like to

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mazda
9/9/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Which engine do you have in this?
Have you done anything other then reset the code?

2.0
Nothing else

Ok

This code is for the heater in the rear O2 sensor. Most of the time what happens is the sensors heater element burns out and the sensor needs to be replaced. This is the O2 sensor in the exhaust AFTER the catalytic converter on this model. Likely you will have to get under the car to access it. It's not unusual for the elements to burn out over time.

This is a fairly straight forward repair that you could likely do.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!