Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2008 Mazda CX9 GT had a evaporator drain plugged, water

Customer Question
2008 Mazda CX9 GT...

2008 Mazda CX9 GT had a evaporator drain plugged, water seemed to have affected the blind spot monitor system, always blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Drain clog and blower motor all repaired by independent service center, the bsm should probably be from water damage

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Only automatic on CX-9, 148,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, it's was not involved in an accident, there was water sloshing in the dash from ac evaporator clog

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mazda
9/9/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I dont believe the wiring or other components of the blind spot monitor would be affected, but to be sure, I need to get the last 6 of the vin number to pull the schematics including the routing of the harness for it

Last 6 is 163504The blind spot monitor was working correctly before the actual evaporator got clogged, which also killed the blower motor too. After the blower motor was replaced my blind spot monitor started working intermittently then only in cold weather and now always off and blinking in the dash as an idiot light.

I will have to opt out as I dont have the needed schematics. If another expert doe, they will post here to you