Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

It kind of breaks and looses power when fuel indicator is…

Customer Question
It kind of breaks...

It kind of breaks and looses power when fuel indicator is below 1/4

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It makes a little unusual noise when i start the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

Demio 1.3 1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent tried anything as of yet that started hapening last night on the motorway

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i think that is it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mazda
9/8/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin the fact this only occurs when fuel is low would indicate some form of contaminent in the fuel tank thats floating on fuel .this wouldnt be a problem untill fuel is low enough to pull it through .the best course of action would be to have tank drained to remove all contaminated fuel