Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I'm beginning to loose my LCD numeric characters in my '02…

I'm beginning to loose my...
I'm beginning to loose my LCD numeric characters in my '02 LS. Still has the original Bose radio. I can rub the screen with my finger and it comes back, but is gradually getting worse. Is there an easy fix???
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/19/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. There is not an easy fix to this issue that you are having. The easiest fix to this issue is to replace the stereo. As you have stated, the screen is and will continue to malfunction and get worse. This is an internal issue for the radio. Here, I am attaching the replacement information for the radio along with a TSB on removing the radio, just in case.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks, ***** ***** the answer I was hoping for. I guess I'll just use my watch or a stick on clock. I rarely use the radio. Too much other noise.