Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Camping and this is the 2nd time my car goes into theft

Customer Question
Camping and this is...

Camping and this is the 2nd time my car goes into theft mode.. same exact location as 2 yrs ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2009 Mazda 6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We popped it in neutral but the steering wheel is still locked

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Multiple times and it's a push start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else there is

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 2 days by:
8/9/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Usually disconnecting the negative cable for 10 minutes and reconnecting will reset it and release the steering lock