Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

A new battery completely drained of charge. I recharged it…

Customer Question
A new battery completely...

A new battery completely drained of charge. I recharged it overnight and nothing is kicking over, some electrics are working, some others are not. Thanks Peter

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

The charger indicated it was fully charged, its in good condition and no leaking. I thought there may have been a kill switch I had to reset

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2010 Sedan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not really. I came home yesterday to find the battery dead, it didn't appear any lights were left on. I charged it overnight and this is where I'm at

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only if there is a kill switch, thanks for your help

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mazda
8/6/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

You may have blown a fuse or 2 with the charger setup, I would do a run through in the fuse panels with a voltmeter and see if you have anything blown

Hi Shawn, I don't have a voltmeter but I visually checked the fuses, they look ok. I had a closer look at the battery as there is an indicator showing whether the battery needs charging or its condition, it looks like the battery is showing needs charging even though the charger showed fully charged, do you think this might be possible? Some electrics work like the headlights but others don't like radio, interior lights??

if you dont have a amp meter for piece of mind I would run the battery up to the auto parts store and get them to run a amp test on it just to have piece of mind that the main player is safe in this game and also with the fuses I have seen fuses blow that seemed to check out visually but fail under the voltmeter test, so its always good rule of thumb to perform a total fuse scan that way as to rule out any power issues in the system .

Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.