350matt
350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience
12772297

I have a cx7 2.3 Turbo and the car dont have power Mechanic

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi
I have a cx7 2.3 Turbo and the car dont have power
Mechanic test de vacum and dont have
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 2012 the turbo is new....
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I change the tubo because it have problem in the compressor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: but now I dont have a power with out a boost it field have a big turbo o a race camshaft it give all the power at 3.5 K RPM
Category: Mazda
Expert:  350matt replied 2 months ago.

Hello

I'd first check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues
Also have a feel around with your bare hands with the engine running to see if you can feel any escaping gas under your touch. Another method is to use a soap and water solution sprayed onto any suspect areas - if there's a leak it'll bubble up with the engine running

Also check that the vacuum hose running to the dump /or turbo bypass valve is intact with no leaks as if the dump valve is opening prematurely you'll be losing all your boost

If this is OK then remove the high pressure intake hose after the turbo and have a feel of the turbine wheel - there should be no play radially at all - but a little bit of axial / end to end float is normal

one other possibility is that the wastegate actuator spring has gone soft so allowing the wastegate to open prematurely - if your actuator has a threaded end you can increase the preload on it to see if this improves things otherwise these units are quite cheap compared to a new turbo so it may be worth trying a replacement

Expert:  350matt replied 2 months ago.

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you