Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

My SCBS warning message appeared on the dash then my engine

Customer Question

hello, my SCBS warning message appeared on the dash then my engine management light then the traction control then lastly the red triangle caution light all 1 after the other car still seams to be running fine though other than a bit of turbo lag when the engine heats up but this started a few weeks before all the lights came on its a 2014 Mazda 6 2.2D
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No, you mean just to see if any have blown?
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: I'm not sure
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havent even looked at the problem with the turbo yet I was going to put it into Mazda to have a look at but dont fancy the cost of diagnostic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hi im kevin its highly likely that the original turbo lag issue is the cause of all the warning lights .these different systems all share information on the vehicle high speed network .if something goes wrong that all the systems use it will illuminate a warninglight for each system .you will need to have car plugged into a diagnostic machine to find the cause of this