Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I got key fob wet and now it locks/ unlocks beeps and alarms…

Customer Question
I got key fob...

I got key fob wet and now it locks/ unlocks beeps and alarms in its own , what should I do ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No , I can't figure out how to open fob to look at it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2010 mazda5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I disconnected battery to get it to stop beeping , andrecoinectes it , fob worked , but it locks on its own now after a few minutes then starts beeping after that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It stopped alarming than the doors locks went off and on again fob was flashing then starting alarming

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
7/29/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Remove battery from key remote and lock or unlock door with key. Then take remote and put in a bag of rice overnight to dry out the moisture from it. See if this works?

Do not have battery in it until dried out overnight in rice bag.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"