Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My alarm on my 2008 mazda 6 goes off sporadically is there a

Customer Question

my alarm on my 2008 mazda 6 goes off sporadically is there a valet switch somewhere or a way to disable it
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: it happens while the car is parked
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i disconnected the battery last night and connected it again today
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: mostly i would like to disconnect it car is 9 years old dont really need it
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Unfortunately ,You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle and based on these fault codes we can pull up the troubleshoot
It could anti theft module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is Not a fuse or a relay or valet key to DISCONNECT , that you can pull out to disconnect it ,KEY WILL BE RECOGNIZED BY ANTI THEFT MODULE THEN ANTI THEFT SEND ECM A SIGNAL THAT IS RIGHT KEY THEN ECM INITIATE POWER TO STARTER AND FUEL ,ANOTHER WORDS IT IS MADE WHERE YOU CAN NOT BYPASS IT
If you do get it scanned post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

OR IF VEHICLE NOT USED LEAVE BATTERY DISCONNECTED.

NOW IN SOME CASES THE DOOR HOOD OR TRUNK SWITCHES WILL GET STUCK OPEN,TRY OPENING & CLOSING ALL MENTIONED FEW TIMES,GET SOME WD 40 SPRAY SWITCHES AND DO A MASTER RESET

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

NOW IF THAT DO NOT WORK SCAN IT OR KEEP BATTERY CABLE OFF WHEN STORED

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat