Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda Miata 92. Does not start 1 in 25 times. Dealer can

Customer Question

Mazda Miata 92. Does not start 1 in 25 times. Dealer can find nothing wrong HELP this is bad if it happens in a parking lot. Car is started by a "push' in 4 or 5 sped.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Dealer says battery is "good"
JA: Are you fixing your Miata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I not fixing. So far Made 2 visits to large Mazda dealer where I bought Miata 25 years ago. It is have an uncommon YELLOW car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

When it won't start, are you hearing a single click from under the hood at the starter?