Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Just bought a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 and it ran for over 200

Customer Question

just bought a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 and it ran for over 200 miles then started having a hesitation to it while driving then starting stalling and THEN wouldn't start
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: No CEL but yeah if i leave the negative off the battery for a bit and crank it, it will start but not for long.. about 30 seconds or so
JA: What is the model of your '09 Mazda?
Customer: Mazdaspeed 3 hatchback sport
JA: Are you fixing your Hatchback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to fix it myself just need some direction
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Have you performed a fuel pressure test yet and leak down ?