Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My security system in my 2006 Mazda 3 is malfunctioning. The

Customer Question

My security system in my 2006 Mazda 3 is malfunctioning. The car won't turn over. The battery is good and all accessories work. The security system light in the dash continues to flash when I try to start the car.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Fuses are good and all dashboard lights are working.
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its a Mazda 3 sport. I have checked the battery and fuses - all good. I have left the key in the ignition in the on position for an extended period of time. The security system light eventually stops flashing. I have then turned the key off, waited a couple of minutes then tried to start the car. I have also unlocked the door with the key and held it in the unl,ock position for 30 seconds. I have also locked and unlocked the door with the key several times. No luck with any of these methods.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, place the key in the ignition and turn to on position, now disconnect the negative battery cable for 1 minute. Reconnect the cable. The security system light should flash for 60 seconds and then stop. Turn key to off position for 5 seconds and then crank vehicle

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just tried that twice, but it didn't work. The security system light did flash, but nothing happened when I tried to crank the engine.
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

I will opt out as I am not sure of any other method