Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Wet carpet on drivers side of 2002 626 mazda, took off

Customer Question

wet carpet on drivers side of 2002 626 mazda
JA: Are you fixing your 626 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took off cowling, drivers side, stuck hose on far side of basin where it looks like the water should drain down. Didn't work, water pool there now from my stupid move.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
must go out for 30 mins.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is anybody out there?
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. is it just water?

are you there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it happened after a heavy rain

ok, here is some information directly from Mazda that should help find the leak.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i was thinking the water was not draining out of the basin that catches the water below the windshield. I jam an air hose down there presently trying to force the "drain way" open. I don"t know where it come out at. I was hopeing you could help me w/that.

I will open this up to someone who may be able to help with that information. good luck

Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi .

New expert here Greg.

Do you have a sunroof.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no sun roof
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
as i stated earlier, the water is not draining through the trough that catches the water at the bottom of the wind shield under the hood. My dilemma is to figure out how to open the drain way.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Okay thank you Jesse, not come across this issue .

will opt out may be another expert that has had this issue .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not sure you guys can help me with this prob.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** to help. I read your notes and if the water is not draining from the cowling area you will have to on clog the side drains on each side of the cowling and also clean out the top area of any debris. To properly clean the drains you have to remove the inner wheel well pannles and locate the drains and either run a weed wacker cord through them or blow out with are.To clean and inspect the top cowling area you have to remove the wiper ams so you can further remove the cover , it will have clips and screws holding it in place and then slide it out towards the front of the vehicle to remove it. Let me know if you need further help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, I shall attempt to remove the inner wheel well panels and look for the drains, thanks.

Please take the time to rate my service if your happy, if not let me know so I may earn a 5 star ratting.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was charged $26 and $24 for one basic question, that was way too much!

perhaps they charged you for both experts , so contact the customer service and tell them I have no control over charges.