Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Security system in my CX-5 won't recognize my fob. Yes.

Customer Question
Security system in my CX-5...
Security system in my CX-5 won't recognize my fob.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes. Locks and unlocks car. Won't start car. Lock indicator appears.
JA: What year is your CX-5?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: At first I thought it was the car battery. But that's OK. I need to reset security system or something. Dealer 45 miles aways.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 day by:
7/16/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

we can try a Master Reset if no dealer scanner available to you and they are 45 miles away

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables ) if the cables dont reach you can use any electrical wire as an extension.

2- Hold cables Toghether for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle and based on these fault codes we can pull up the troubleshoot
It could anti theft module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunately
If you do get it scanned post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat