Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Vacuum leak from a colapsed hose. Need a replacement number

Customer Question

vacuum leak from a colapsed hose. Need a replacement number for a 2003 mazda tribute 2.0 4cyl. DOHC
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mazda Tribute. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: its located on the middle back of the intake manifold and also appear to be wrapped in a silver insulation, its the original part
Category: Mazda
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, please send a pic of the hose and location. thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Unable to provide that. The vehicle is broke down 400 miles away. IM trying to get the part number to purchase the part so we can go fix the car.

is it a larger hose that goes to the brake booster from the intake?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The hose was different sizes on each end, one end of it was turned and was approx. 3/4 in. The other end was smaller.
I do not know which hose it is. Im relying on someone like you to determine that.

any of these look like it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I could identify if the picture was from the rear side of the motor with the hoses. These pictures you presented dont even look like the motor

ok, well I dont have that view and Im not going to guess what hose it is. Maybe someone ekse will take a shot. good luck

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
DO I HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER 5$ FOR THE INFORMATION? DO YOU LEAVE THIS ON A FORUM OR FORWARD TO ANOTHER MECHANIC?