Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Im having problems with the power steering unit,it seems to

Customer Question
be boiling out the steering...
Im having problems with the power steering unit,it seems to be boiling out the steering fluid I am puttting in.
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: I check it every time I drive it. yes I hear the noise you speak of.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 1985 Dsl , Rx7
JA: Are you fixing your RX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No Im having a mech fix , but I have to chase down the parts for him,I bought the car new so I know its history,am just trying to get it ready to sell and it has been sitting for about 15 years,but have currently been driving it for about 6 months.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I dont think of anything, Thanks
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mazda
5/17/2017
Mazda Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be due to an issue with the power steering pump itself in some cases.I have seen the pump fail and push back pressure or fluid causing the fluid to bubble over as well as the whine noise.I would have the pump pressure line checked for any obstructions and see if it has fluid going to the power steering gear.In some cases this may be the gear itself at fault but with what you have described this sounds more like a possible fault with the power steering pump itself needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician