peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

The security alert flash when try to start my CX-7 mazda

Customer Question

Hi the security alert flash when try to start my CX-7 mazda 2007 And don't start. What can i do?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This alert is to indicate to you that your vehicles computers have detected a theft component at fault here.When this occurs this disables the vehicle starting.In some cases you can lock and unlock the doors with the remote/key fob or key itself to correct this here.But if this does not work what has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done it can then be determined and tested to see which component needs replaced to resolve this.In some cases it is just the key that needs replaced and in other cases it is the immobilizer sensor that reads the key needing replaced.

But unfortunately there is no way to bypass this to get the vehicle started if locking and unlocking doesnt work.The fault will need diagnosed and repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Pete, i will try do so (unlock and lock) to see if that solve the issue.

Your welcome

If that doesnt resolve the issue then you will need to have the codes checked and diagnosed to locate the fault and this does have to be done with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle as some lower end scan tools are unable to do this.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated and can be rated here or above.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well the openand close procedure doesnt work! What next?

Unfortunately what has to be done next here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done the codes that are set with this fault will need to be then diagnosed to locate and replace or repair the component acting up.This may be the key itself or the immobilizer sensor that reads the key needing replaced.Once the component at fault is replaced then the security system will need programmed which is usually done by a dealer or a repair center that has access to programming capabilities.

Unfortunately this is the only way to be able to locate and repair this issue here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete!The only code that appear is u0100... I need a detailed answer to solve the problem myself i don't want to paid there and then have to paid to dealer or the repair center. Thanks!

I apologize for the delay.

Are you using a scan tool that can read all computers in your vehicle?Some scan tools or code readers will only read the engine codes and one is needed that can communicate with all computers as there may be a computer that has set a code that your scan tool is unable to communicate with.

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
well, i'm stuck and don't think you can help me. But thanks any way.Regards,

Is there anything else I can help with here on this as I strive to achieve a 5 star rating and want to make sure I help with all I can here.

Thanks Pete