Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import
29331485

Clutch pedal to the l, Clutching not slipping but pedal

Customer Question

Clutch pedal to the l
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Clutching not slipping but pedal bottomed out and unable to shift to any gear/
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 1999 Miata
JA: Are you fixing your Miata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried nothing. Limped home a week ago after struggle to shift stopping qnd going in heavy traffic. Parked and just back from vacation.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Hi .

Okay first check the clutch fluid level you most likely have a fluid leak from the master cylinder or the slave cylinder .

Check attachment .

What happens when fluid leaks or faulty master cylinder the pedal will not return to the up position.

if master cylinder is low on fluid lift pedal and fill with fluid then pump a few times with your hand on the foot clutch pedal.

then you may have clutch use again so you can drive to the garage for repairs .

If you need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you and if i can't i will opt out so another expert can , we want you to be happy and have your problem sorted out and be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..