peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2004 RX8 Mazda: My driver door its lock and I can

I have a 2004 RX8 Mazda: My driver door its lock and I can not open. What I can do?
JA: Are you fixing your RX-8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: They control open, but the door not.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes how much its cost me?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I have a 2004 mazda rx8. My drivers door is locked and will not open with key or remote, inside or outside. Can you help?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: first time. 141785
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am waiting for the expert.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the door latch itself.I have seen the door latch fail in the past before just like this here with it needing replaced.

This may take a AAA company or lock smith to come out to use their tools to open the door for you.In some cases unfortunately the door trim paneling needs removed on the door to then access the latch to remove it.This usually damages the paneling to where it will need repaired or replaced after the latch is replaced.

But unfortunately this is the only way this door can be opened when the latch is jammed like it is now.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. nothing more to do let me call AAA. thanks.

Your welcome

Unfortunately there is no easy way to open it when this happens like this here.You can try and remove the door paneling yourself to see if you can trigger the latch open manually but in allot of cases this can damage the paneling when the door is stuck closed.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a 2004 mazda rx8. My drivers door is locked and will not open with key or remote, inside or outside. Can you help?