Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

I am trying to figure out how to cut the glare on my touch

I am trying to figure out how to cut the glare on my touch screen in my 2017 Mazda3. I cannot see the screen outside of my parking garage or in a covered area. Suggestions?
JA: Is the device aftermarket, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: Came with the vehicle. No adjustments or anything extra.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. . . that would be a big help.

Hi, My name is Jay

If you use the trip reset button and turn it back and forth it is designed to adjust controls brightness. This will be in your owners manual on page 4-18.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I already looked that up myself and tried it. No amount of adjustment helps. Can sometimes barely see the image on overcast days but nothing completely until I am in a covered or enclosed area.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I can read and I can look things up. What I need is something to cut the glare. I was hoping that Mazda made something that I could purchase for this purpose.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Or at least suggest a commercial product that might help. Right now, I wrap my dog's blanket around the screen so I can get some idea what it is showing while I am out and about. If you don't have anything more sophisticated to offer, I will try elsewhere. But, surely, I am not the only person who ever had this issue.

No Mazda does not but 3m does make an anti glare cover that you can get online or at Office depot or Staples for computer screens. It will cut down on the glare.

It is same used on computer screens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK.. . I will go back to Amazon for my solution, as usual.
thanks,
patty
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

You are welcome.