Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Thanks for ask... i'm just messing around to see if i can

Customer Question

Hi!
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: thanks for ask... i'm just messing around to see if i can solve: white smoke out of exhaust pipe mazda cx-7 burn oil
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: last week
JA: What year is your CX-7?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: first chance a solenoid valve and rubber gasket
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No...
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
well, thinking about the issue, I hear a buzz when I accelerate, also notice that burn almost all the new oil, that was totally new for me.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well i don't get any answer.... canceling and my money back. Thanks.
Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Hello. my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I apologize for the delay.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Are you smoking all the time, or just on initial start up?

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

How often and how much oil are you having to put into the vehicle?

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your inputs so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we start. Do you still wish help to solve this problem?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Peter, my car is CX-7 mazda 2007 2.3lVehicle VIN: JM3ER293X70168511
Vehicle Manufacturer: MazdaSo, my car begin to smoke after oil change. It's seen to smoke all the time but in some cases stop it and in a while begins again.Give me an advice to see if can fix it.Regards,Angel

Ok thanx for that info. There are a few things that can cause oil burning, if it just started after the oil change , check the level, make sure it was the proper oil and viscosity, Check the PCV valve, Do a engine flush with a good product with higher viscosity oil and additive like LUCAS oil stabilizer. Then after all that check compression .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you think the PCV valve can stop the car? well the car start to stop the engine every 2 min. don't accelerate and burn the starter fuse or relay. I have to stopped until find what really happen.

I appologize, just read further back and you stated it was white smoke , correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it's correct but I want to know if the white smoke and stopped engine came from the same issue or came from other issue. But also don't know if changing PCV valve could solve the problem.

Ok thanx for that info, Does the smoke have any Oder to it? White smoke usually indicates coolant leaking into the combustion chamber. Is yours a turbo or non turbo?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you! After start begin the white smoke. Can drive a couple of minutes and then stop. It's rare because the coolant stays at the same level but engine oil was empty.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry I forgot. My car is Turbo charged.

Aw that does make a difference and the smoke should have a slight smell and bluish tint. And if the oil level is going down indicates oil burning . Lets not sell the car yet or invole the turbo as well yet. Lets go over some basics and get them caught up first. There are a number of things we can do to reduce oil burning

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, it's fine. First I would like to know if the situations are related. In fact, the smoke has a slight blue hue and a smell, which I can not describe. If the only cause of this is the refrigerant burning, what would be the solution? How does it get to the engine to be burned? What would be the actions so that it does not burn oil?
If none of the recommendations gives result, I have to sell the car as it is and where it is, as scrap metal. With pleasure, I will not give up on the current membership if the solution is effective, otherwise I will request reimbursement. Please observe, that the days that pass from my first question, I am without car and still I do not have real hope of solution.Thank you very much for your time and your suggestions.Regards,

What we need to do is do a oil consumption report. how this is done is this way. we will do an engine oil flush with new high mileage oil and filter, replace the pcv valve and then make sure when you put the oil in it it is right at the high mark on the dipstick when engine is at running temperature. Then you drive it for about 1000 miles and check the oil level and see how much it takes to top it up to that same level . This tell us if it needs further attention and what to do.If you require further explanation or advice on this I'll be happy to do so.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** buy the PCV valve. And for smoke, what solve it?Regards,

I guess we got some issues crossed , but what you last described is oil consumption so if the PCV don't completely help then we need to do what I mentioned .The engine oil flush will free up the rings so they can control oil blow by and the seal conditioners will help the seals do their job. If you need further help let me know. Hope you can give me a good ratting for my service.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you!On 23/1: "Do you think the PCV valve can stop the car? well the car start to stop the engine every 2 min. don't accelerate and burn the starter fuse or relay. I have to stopped until find what really happen."
On 24/01:
Yes, it's correct but I want to know if the white smoke and stopped engine came from the same issue or came from other issue. But also don't know if changing PCV valve could solve the problem.Now:
So, changing the PCV valve could solve white smoke and oil burning (i think that the burning issue cause engine to stop). Or only the oil burning, if just the oil burning, how can i solve the white smoke?.Best Regards,P:D. I will validate your answer, but don't if have to do it now or until the apply of yours answers.

keep in touch.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you said, white smoke come out because of coolant burning. How can i stop coolant burning?

If it indeed coolant then most likely is a head gasket that needs replacing. There is however a way to positively check this . I will send you a pic and video how to do this and what to use. If it is a head gasket then this will detect combustion gases and turn the solution from blue to yellowish.

Here is the tester