Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Please walk me through the steps to replace a 2010 Mazda CX7

Customer Question

Please walk me through the steps to replace a 2010 Mazda CX7 AWD turbocharger.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 months ago.

Hi. There are many steps to remove the turbo. It pays a mechanic 6 hours to replace it. I can get you the removal and installation instructions if you want. It would be easier to give you the instructions thae too try and tell you every part to remove. WOuld you be fine with the workshop manual printed instructions?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the workshop manual, I have some questions though.
1) How to remove the lower oil pipe since there is no access to the bolts from below the car.
2) Do I need to remove the exhaust manifold to get the turbo out from the top of the car, the instructions don't mention it.
3) I need tips and tricks I need to follow to get it off.

Ok. I have not replaced a turbo on the cx7. I will open the question up to the other experts and maybe someone has done this more recently and can recall all the little tricks. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My car is an AWD how do I take out the turbo from the car? From the top? Do I need to remove the exhaust manifold? If I try to remove it from the side the transmission dipstick gets on the way, please advice.