Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My mazda wounld start.... but it can unlock and lock the

Customer Question

hi my mazda wounld start . . . . but it can unlock and lock the door with the remote
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: it is a new one . . . . 2016 2015
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is a mazda 3 . . . . that come with a keyless and start botton and Iam left in the middle of no where can you help?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry it is a mazda2 20015
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does the start button remove at all and a key insert to bypass and see it is starts then at all?I know some models were equipped like this here.If this is not how this is set up let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok . . . let me try . . . . if it can be remove . . .

If it can it will come out easy but dont force it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no . . . it seem like there are no way it can be remove easily . . . . the button come up red and the dash show a no key singht . . . but the unlock y lock the door with the remote....
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the start button seem to be no hole or any grip to assit it to be remove easily

O.k.,unfortunately my info is incomplete on this here.I will have to see if anyone else can assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How much other info you need? the car does not recognize the key and the car wouldn't star . . . . . but the remote does unlock and lock the door. What else you need to know. My question is . . . is there are anyway I can start the car with the actuary metal key that come with the remote.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

this one don't have an access hole behind switch ,sound key lost sync , if the battery has a good 12 volts and not low and you dont have 2nd key to try it

if you have a 10 mm wrench and can disconnect battery you can try below procedure .in csase it will reset for you

that is all we can do with out a dealer scanner

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok . . .thank let me try and I will cross my finger on this one.

ok sounds ,I m crossing my fingers as well, if the battery died in key fob ,it will happen, then you need like a radio shack or wall mart for battery

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no good . . . . all these electronic gadget is just for the sake to impress the consumer, but in reality it is just add another way the car to go wrong ... :(

I totally agree,I m sorry

get a battery for key fob ,I wish i can tell you something else to do i m sorry

remember a low 12 volt battery will cause THIS ,SO MAKE SURE 12 VOLT BATTERY IS GOOD

good luck with it

Chad

Hi, just checking in ,to see how things are going,Do you need further assistance ?

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat