peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Just bought new mazda 3, 2016...less than 700km done.

Customer Question

Just bought new mazda 3
JA: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: 2016...less than 700km done. tonight car lost power...lots of lights came on! including A with circle around. Had to leave on side of road ! What could be the problem
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: No power! Just has to ease into parking space
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pardon??
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is a new Mazda 3
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This could be an issue with battery voltage.If a cable has become loose or the battery or alternator had failed prematurely causing low voltage this can cause this issue here.I have also seen issues with engine drive belt breaking due to a mechanical fault with one of the pulleys or the belt itself failing prematurely causing this here.This will cause several warning lights to come on like this here.

It looks like your vehicle should be under factory warranty still here.In this case a dealer should be able to diagnose and repair this at no charge to you including covering the tow bill in most all cases.I would contact a dealer in the area of the vehicle to see what they offer here as this should be all covered under warranty.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete