Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Mazda6 keyfob locks and unlocks but won't start. The second

Customer Question
Mazda6 keyfob locks and unlocks...
Mazda6 keyfob locks and unlocks but won't start. The second starts runs the engine but won't lock and unlock the car. Just tried reprogramming it but no luck.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Just replaced it 20minutes ago, red light not flashing though.
JA: What year is your Mazda6?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have tried to reprogram the fob.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: why the new key is unlocking and locking after programing while the old one wont reprogram into locking and unlocking but stars the engine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
1/4/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

lets try this first if you have not alreadr & we go from there

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I FOLLOWED THE ABOVE PROCEDURE, THE KEY IS TURNING ACCESSORIES ON BUT IT WON'T START THE ENGINE.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DO NOT WORRY ABOUT CALLING. i LIVE IN THE UK BUT CURRENTLY IN KENYA.

oh i see ,no problem,no call necessary here

1- have you Check all fuses , battery for 12 volts ?

2-Starter relay ?

3-with a test light on the starter solenoid & an assistant in the car at ignition at start position do you have 12 volts ?

starter relay is under hood fuse box,

4- CLICK ON BLUE LINK TO VIEW STARTER RELAY LOCATION & WIRING DIAGRAM FOR STARTING SYSTEM

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

275789b7-4d95-4234-b1bd-...gif275789b...gifd3df60ce-4d49-47e0-8925-...gifd3df60c...gif43570b0a-5afa-4b38-8fc9-...gif43570b0...giff4a50337-cf53-45e9-9ecd-...giff4a5033...gif
Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.