FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technician Trainer
1627031

Started with a miss. Injector 5 was just stuck open. Was

Customer Question

Started with a miss. Injector 5 was just stuck open. Was told to replace spider injection assembly. Did that. Now I have no power, unable to make it past 15mph. Shows P0101, P0102 codes. Checked wiring best I could. Get 12v at MAP and MAS sensors, shows ground ok. Stumped. Recheking for vacume leaks now
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent, will start to give you the running out of gas syndrome over 1200 rpm.
JA: What year is your Spider?
Customer: Spider? It's a 2003 GMC Sonoma. 4.3v6
JA: Are you fixing your Spider yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes have replaced spider injection system. Motor runs smooth. No power, unable to accelerate the enigine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Engine ran fine with very noticeable miss. Replace spider injector to solve inject 5 issue. Now engine idles smooth, unable to drive vehicle because engine will not pull pickup at any speed.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like there may be an issue with the injection unit. If the pressure will not increase due to an issue with the pressure regulator then this will occur. I would make sure that you have 55 psi of fuel pressure. Was this a new injection unit?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
new unit, NAPA. And the truck seems to maintain 55psi (53-57 depending on rpm).
I'm in the process of pulling it all back apart to check all O-rings in upper to lower, and around the pump that fits into the upper part. I have done some connection testing too. Seems as though I have 12v in and 3.95-4.95v out from the sending units. MAF and MAP. (sorry for delay getting back to you, water heater decided to spring a leek just to make things more fun).
Oh, also watched live data with my Auto X-Ray 6000 and it seemed like the voltages on the shown MAP, MAF, O2 were about the same.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey, I need to run a quick errand, As my great day continues. Dropped my phone and broke it, need to buy a replacement.
Then Ill do the phone thing.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Lets regroup for Monday.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Did you still need some assistance with this?